We are a team of professionals committed to protecting and mitigating any potential health and safety threats that could present negative impacts on workers and project construction.
Our goal for all projects is zero incidents causing harm to the health and safety of personnel on-site. High safety awareness is demanded from all of our employees as well as sub-contractors. Procedures and policies outlined in our safety manual are prepared by Barantas Inc., a third-party safety consultant.
A strong emphasis is placed on safety education, typically contracted through Barantas and efforts to monitor all construction activities as follows:
- ToolBox Talks & Job Hazard Assessments: Weekly, the Site Supervisor gathers with sub-trades on-site to discuss health and safety topics relevant to site conditions. Site personnel is made aware of issues and solutions are implemented as necessary.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: We have a tier safety system allowing a worker under violation to be warned verbally on one occasion. If a second offense occurs, we will remove the worker from the job site and replace them immediately with another worker with no financial penalty to the Client or impact on the schedule. We have a zero-tolerance policy for the consumption of alcohol, drugs, horseplay, or stealing on the job site.
- Hazard Analysis & Fall Arrest: Additional attention is warranted for construction activities involving any hazardous materials, coordination, or greater risk. Our Site Supervisor will review work with the divisional subcontractor prior to commencement to discuss any additional safety procedures that must be put in place.
- Ongoing Training: All site staff attend sessions, seminars, and certification courses including but not limited to CPR, fall arrest, and accident prevention.
- Scheduled & Unscheduled Safety Inspections: Once on-site, we will commence an inspection regime with informal daily site inspections completed by the Site Supervisor. The purpose of an inspection is to identify conditions and hazards in the workplace that can lead to an incident and correct them immediately.
- Job Site Cleanliness: A safe site is a clean site. When planning and executing construction activities, we highlight the importance of job site cleanliness. We ensure housekeeping practices are implemented and monitored daily through formal and informal inspection processes.